- The Health and Community Chaplaincy Committee oversee Presbyterian staff and volunteer chaplains in hospitals, aged care, the police, prisons, the CFA, sporting organisations, the deaf community and universities across Victoria.
- The Committee also pastorally support Presbyterian ministry families through the work of our Ministers’ Wives Pastoral Support Worker and through the provision of camps and retreat groups for ministers and their families.
- Here is a link to our latest video about the work of HCCC. This 4 minute video was produced for our 2016 Good Friday Appeal.
Western Health – Sunshine Hospital
Royal Children’s Hospital
Eastern Health – Box Hill Hospital, Angliss Hospital
St John of God Bendigo
Melbourne Health – Royal Park campus, Royal Melbourne Hospital
St John of God Ballarat
Calvary Health Care at Bethlehem, Caulfield
“For I was hungry
And you gave me something to eat …
I was a stranger
and you invited me in …
I was sick and you looked after me,
I was in prison
and you came to visit me.”
- Support for Ministers and their families
HCCC also pastorally support ministers and home missionaries and their families in various ways. The ministry family camp, Ministry Family Assistance (MFA) free counselling program and occasional book distributions are some of the ways HCCC does this. For further information on these initiatives, contact the HCCC administrator, Sandy Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ministry Family Camps
Each year, in the second week of the September school holidays, HCCC run the Ministry Family Camp at Phillip Island Adventure Resort. The camp is 4 days of fun, teaching and fellowship for Presbyterian ministers, home missionaries, ministry assistants, metro trainees, missionaries and candidates and their families.
- The 2017 Ministry Family Camp will run from Monday 2nd – Thursday 5th October. The speaker will be Rev Peter Adam.
- Information packs and registration forms will be posted out to those eligible to attend in July.
- For more information
If you would like more information about Presbyterian Health and Community Chaplaincy in Victoria, please feel free to contact us.
- Mrs Kathy James, Chaplaincy and Pastoral Co-ordinator: email@example.com
Mrs Anne Harvey, Administrator and Camp Co-ordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org