1. Safe Church Compliance & Administration Officer
Heathmont VIC, Australia Part TimeReference: SCCAO2022
You will Maintain the confidential Safe Church Unit (SCU) Database and associated computer programs as well as Include the use of Microsoft access and excel spreadsheets to maintain information on SCU approved volunteers……
As part of our commitment to maintaining a safe culture within our churches, the Presbyterian Church of Victoria (PCV) invites applicants for the position:
Safe Church Compliance & Administration Officer, Safe Church Unit, Presbyterian Church of Victoria.
Part time – 2 days a week
This position reports to the Safe Church Committee, working under the immediate supervision of the Safe Church Facilitator.
The Presbyterian Church of Victoria is committed to protecting children, young people and the vulnerable from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment. This process may include, but is not limited to, comprehensive reference checks, an identity check, a current Victorian ‘Working with Children Check’ and/or a ‘national criminal history record’ check.
- Maintaining the confidential Safe Church Unit (SCU) Database and associated computer programs
- Including use of Microsoft access and excel spreadsheets to maintain information on SCU approved volunteers
- Maintain a register of people who have completed Safe Church training
- Monitoring compliance to Safe Church protocols in every local church in Victoria
- Maintaining a hard copy filing system
- Administer the Appointment and Voluntary Approval Process, including undertaking due diligence checks and approvals
- Including internet searches through official websites and informal sources for volunteers and pastoral appointments
- Administration of transfer forms
- Review and provide feedback on submitted annual Working with Children Check listing from each church to the relevant Safe Church Representative (SCR), which includes the verification of each nominated persons Working with Children Check or Victorian Institute of Teaching certification.
- Review and provide feedback on the 3 yearly Compliance Audit Schedule from each church to the relevant Safe Church Representative (SCR).
- Follow up outstanding compliance documentation in accordance with the governing legislation and PCV requirements to ensure a high level of overall PCV Safe Church compliance
- Advising the Safe Church Committee of any non-compliant PCV churches
- Providing support, advice and assistance to SCR’s, Presbyterian Youth Victoria (PYV), Youth Metro, the hierarchy of the PCV, Presbyterian Women’s Missionary Union (PWMU) and other associated bodies.
- Providing training for incoming Safe Church Representatives
- Provide information to PCV leadership with regard to Safe Church Compliance of individual churches
- Respond to requests for compliance certificates, Safe Church documentation, including manuals, brochures, etc
- Provide advice and assistance to the Safe Church Facilitator
- Including support with general office duties including, but not limited to; stationary ordering, photocopying, scanning, archiving, filing.
To apply please submit your application to the PCV Safe Church Facilitator, Mrs Fiona Bligh via the ‘Apply to this Job’ button below or phone 0499 090 449.
Closing date for applications: 5.00pm – 24th May 2022.
Your application must include at least:
- Personal contact details
- Church affiliation
- Reasons why you believe you have the gifts and abilities required for this role, an expression of why you are seeking the role, a CV, and the names and contact details of three referees.
Short-listed applicants will be interviewed and the successful applicant will be required to commence in the position on 1st July 2022.
To apply go to:
2. Women’s Ministries Facilitator
The Presbyterian Church of Victoria (PCV) Women’s Ministries Victoria (WMV) Committee is seeking a complementarian woman who loves the Lord Jesus and wants to promote growth and maturity opportunities for Presbyterian women across the state to be our Women’s Ministry Facilitator (WMF).
The successful applicant would encourage complementarian women’s ministry across the state by connecting churches, presbyteries, theological college(s) and other (ministry) groups in ways that enrich ministry by women and for women. The WMF would use her gifts to equip, encourage, pray for, and resource women across the state through our “On The Road” conferences, as well as meeting with pastors, women’s workers, presbyteries and other groups.
Our WMF would report to and be supported by the skilled and enthusiastic WMV Committee.
At this stage, this new role is funded for 0.4FTE, however there is scope for this to grow as more funding is sourced.
Please write to WMV at firstname.lastname@example.org seeking a Job description and selection criteria.
Applications close 18th May, 2022
3. Snowy Mountains Patrol Worker, Presbyterian Inland Mission
An exciting opportunity has arisen to establish a new disciple-making ministry in the remote Snowy Mountains area of SE NSW and East Gippsland VIC. In the mountainous border area between Victoria and NSW, there are few, if any, Bible teaching churches and very little Gospel witness. A suitable worker for the Presbyterian Inland Mission is being sought to carry out a mobile vehicle-based patrol ministry in this area.
PIM is a disciple making organisation that engages, equips, and encourages inland communities in Christian mission through partnerships with local churches throughout Australia.
The Snowy Mountains Patrol Worker role is a frontline ministry focused on evangelism and discipling amongst people living in the Snowy Mountains area, carried out via a mobile vehicle-based patrol radiating from the Bombala township.
Applicants for this role must have a solid understanding of Scripture and Reformed Theology, developed through formal theological education, or by disciplined self-study.
They must be self-motivated and willing to establish creative ways to introduce people to Jesus Christ. They must be a relationally orientated person with evangelistic drive who can quickly build rapport with local people.
For a full position description, visit www.pim.org.au/ministryopportunities
For further information about this role, and to apply, please contact Andrew Letcher on 0438 868 964 or email email@example.com
Applications close: 6 May 2022